Recipe: Vegetable Stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large diced onion
- 2 stalks of celery with the leaves
- 2 large carrots
- 1 bundle chopped green onions
- 8 cloves minced garlic
- 8 sprays fresh parsley
- 6 sprays fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 quarts water
- You must first chop the vegetables into 1-inch sections. Next, heat the oil in a pot large enough for soup and add the onion, carrots, celery, green onions, thyme, parsley and bay leaves.
- Cook the mixture over high heat for five to 10 minutes. Be sure to stir the vegetables regularly. You may then add the salt and water. Allow the mixture to boil and then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Let the stock cook for 30 minutes. You should then strain the broth and remove the vegetables.
- You can add other vegetable ingredients to your stock such as asparagus, corn cobs and mushrooms along with bell peppers and eggplant.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Raw
Number of servings (yield): 4