Recipe: Soy Sauce Substitute
Published: January 13,2012
Summary: This sauce is a healthy, flavorful alternative to soy sauce. The recipe calls for ginger, which is a powerful herb that has been known to improve gastrointestinal problems like nausea and vomiting. Ginger is high in antioxidants and may reduce pain for people diagnosed with arthritis.
- 4 tablespoons of beef bouillon
- 2 teaspoons of molasses
- 4 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- A pinch each of white pepper and garlic powder
- Stir together all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a gentle boil until the mixture is reduced to about 1 cup.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
The sauce also contains balsamic vinegar, which is also high in antioxidants. Including this tangy vinegar in your diet can help protect against cancer and heart disease. Balsamic vinegar can also improve the body’s immune system and increase the breakdown of protein, leading to an increase in metabolism. This delicious sauce is a great source of this healthy vinegar.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: Italian