Recipe: Pasta with Chicken Breast, Beans and Mushrooms
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 4 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup white beans, cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 12 ounces uncooked rotelle pasta (Whole)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven @ 350 for 10 mins. Then cook the chicken @ 350 for 30 minutes or 375 for 20 minutes or cook until the exterior is browned and the interior of the chicken is cooked through (juices should no longer appear bloody). The most interior part of the chicken breast should be 165o F.
- Once the chicken has been sufficiently heated, transfer to a cutting board and allow it to cool for 5 minutes prior to cutting into strips.
- In a large skillet (preferably non-stick), pour in olive oil. Sauté vegetables including mushrooms and white onions until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the cooked white beans, fresh basil, garlic and grilled chicken strips. Stir well to make the mixture homogeneous and keep it warm on the stovetop at a low temperature.
- Next, fill a large saucepan ¾ full with water and bring to a boil. Add dry pasta and cook in boiling water according to package directions, around 10 to 12 minutes.
- When pasta has finished cooking, drain it thoroughly. Next, add the pasta to the chicken mixture on the stovetop.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with black pepper and one tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
This delicious dish contains all healthy and natural ingredients. For added health benefit, consider cooking the white beans from scratch and using organic produce when possible.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Spanish
Published: May 24,2012