Recipe: Dairy Free Banana Walnut Ice Cream
Summary: Dairy-Free Banana Walnut Ice Cream is a simple, easy-to-make and super luscious summertime recipe. The ease of this recipe makes it great for kids who want to help in the kitchen. Best of all, you don’t need to go near a stove or oven, so it’s perfect for a hot day. No special tools are required, other than a blender, a whisk and a baking pan. It can also be made in an ice-cream maker, if you are fortunate enough to have one in your kitchen. Great for those who are lactose-intolerant, vegan or just looking for something different from the ordinary, Banana Walnut Dairy-Free Ice Cream is a delectable, creamy treat. You should only make as much as you will consume immediately, as this recipe does not keep well. To turn this into a sinfully rich dessert, you can serve with dairy-free chocolate syrup and shredded coconut.
- ½ cup dairy-fee almond milk
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 12.3-ounce boxes of extra-firm silken tofu, drained
- ½ cup agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- Slice the bananas and place them into a blender with the almond milk. Blend until creamy.
- Add tofu, salt and agave nectar to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Carefully fold in the walnuts and place into a 9 inch by 13 inch baking pan.
- Place pan in freezer and stir well every 30 minutes, using a wire whisk. This will prevent ice crystals from forming; assuring that your ice cream will be creamy.
- After two hours of freezing and periodic stirring, let the ice cream rest in the freezer for 30 minutes to one hour. Serve immediately.
52 g carbohydrates x serving.
Preparation time: 2 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Published: July 13,2012